Watercolor - Denzer
1st 4 Wednesdays of each month (see dates below)
6 - 8 p.m.
$75 / month
Build your watercolor skills with Lynn Denzer, who shows her work throughout San Antonio and Mexico.
- November/December (combined to accommodate the holidays: Nov. 6, 13 & Dec. 4, 11
(Small 5 ml to 15 ml tubes.)
Primaries, one of these triads:
· Windsor Blue, Windsor Red, Windsor Yellow or
· Ultramarine Blue, Permanent Rose, Transparent Yellow (a favorite) - Windsor Newton
· Pthalo Blue/green shade, Alizarin Crimson, Lemon Yellow- Daniel Smith
Secondaries: You can get secondary (orange, green, violet) and other colors, or wait until first day to see my samples. Other brands I like are QOR, Holbien.
Large plastic divided palette. You need extra room for mixing, in center or larger areas. Covered palettes are nice to have.
Paper: Aproximately 11x15”. Arches, or Fabriano 100 percent cotton. It is mportant to get quality paper.
Assortment of round and filbert brushes from very small, size 0, to 16. At least 4 rounds. Princeton, Silver, and Simmons are good brands, but there are others. You can wait to see my wash brushes, if you prefer.
Large (1 to 2 quart) clear jar
drawing pad or paper and clip board
Pencil, sharpener, eraser, pocket folder for samples, ruler
Possibly other household items and images or photos, as we progress.
Optional/or wait for class:
· Wood or particle board (at least 12”x 15”)
· Masking tape or large clips
A note from Lynn: "I prefer shopping at Asel Art, Jerry’s or Herwecks. Ask if Inspire student discount is available."